Friday, August 28, 2009

What WLS means to me--the short list.

I have lost a little less than half the weight that is my goal and that I need to lose.

Things are going so much better for me, and I feel so much better. One of the most amazing side effects of this surgery, so far, is my diabetes. I was diabetic since 1994 and had to take medicine every day to control the sugar levels in my blood. Since my surgery, I have not taken a single shot of insulin or any medication for my diabetes. Thank God and the doctors hands He guides for this miracle.

Below are a number of hopes I have for this surgery and the resulting eating and exercise plan that I am involved in to eliminate the disease of morbid obesity, and to maintain a healthy weight.

Be warned it a short list--off the top of the head--There is so much more.

God Bless and have a wonderful day.

I am looking forward to not being the person who everyone that tells a story uses to illustrate size such as, "Hell Gary--they were as big as you".

I am looking forward to getting out of the house when I want and doing what I want.

I am looking forward to NOT being the largest person in the room.

There is a myriad of co-mobilities that are disappearing such as Diabetes (gone) Sleep Apnea (better), Hypertension (working on this), Arthritis, Bursitis, other joint pain (improving).

So many physical improvements--shoe tying, Hygiene issues, walking, exercise, movie seats, sports events, concerts. Living instead of existing. Really being healthy and feeling good most of the time instead of rarely. This is my short list--there is so much more. We will talk more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment