Thursday, August 20, 2009

Weight Loss Update

This is so cool!

I have lost over 100 pounds in the last 4 months. I am so thankful for this tool that is allowing me to get healthy. That's right--I called it a tool--because it is NOT a magic bullet that makes weight fall off magically.

WLS (Weight Loss Surgery) helps with your appetite and in some cases gives an amount of mal-absorption to keep some of the calories (as well as the nutrients from being absorbed into the system.) But one still has to eat the correct amount of the correct food and exercise like a fiend to lose weight quickly. It is not the easy way out as many think, and it is not bullet proof. If you do not make a lifestyle change commitment--you can gain all the weight back and more. My hats off to those long-timers who have had the perseverance to stay at goal for years. That is my goal. I do not want to go back where I was with no life. I don't think I can stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment