Tuesday, December 15, 2009

About Dreary Days

Today is a dreary day. It reminds me of when I was in the consulting business. I used to fly from Nashville to Toronto every Monday morning and back every Friday afternoon--for almost a year. Some days would be like this--dreary and gloomy. But as the plane gained altitude, higher and higher, we would eventually break through the clouds to a glorious sunny day with the sunlight glinting off the tops of fluffy white clouds.

I was reminded then that the sun is always shining--we are just not able to look high enough to see it sometimes. I was also reminded that in our spiritual walk--we feel we cannot see the Son sometimes. But he is always there for us--if we just get high enough to see him.

Remember if you don't feel as close to God as you once did--guess who moved?

Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gary,

    It's Lisa from the oh board! Hang in there YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I saw the link to your blog on the boards. Looks like you're doing great! Keep the posts coming! I'd love to read more!

    ReplyDelete